The Symposium wants:
To offer a place where to learn and share knowledge, skills and experiences related to sea kayaking. A big potential concentrated in a few days with contributions from guests, collaborators and paddlers. In this VIII Edition we will focus, as always, in the different technical aspects, on navigation and safety which are the basis of our activity but we also want to enrich this event with an approach and discovery of the natural values of our environment, their richness and the biodiversity to be protected by all of us.
By presentations and activities we will highlight the role that kayakers play in the preservation and conservation of our environment.
The Symposium will consist on:
- Three working days, the Symposium itself, on April 13th, 14th and 15th.
- Four more days, the paddling week from 16th until April 19th, to offer the participants the opportunity of navigation with expert guests in groups of different levels, to bring to practice what we have learnt and paddling and exploring the natural landscape and the cultural values of Cap de Creus and Costa Brava.
- From April 16th to April 19th, those wishing to learn and get sea kayaking degrees, will have the possibility to participate in the courses Kayak Award, Coastal Sea Kayak Award and L2 Sea Kayak Coach Award by the British Canoe (England).
During the Symposium new material will be presented by different companies.
Also, as always, the families and companions of the participants will enjoy an interesting holiday, discovering Llançà and the many possibilities that the zone offers:
- Walks and observation in the Natural Parks of Les Alberes, Cap de Creus i Aiguamolls de l’Empordà, along the Romanic routes, coastal walk, GR92, etc.
- Routes that allow us to follow the traces of various cultures that lived in this area (Iberian, Greek, Roman,…), the discovery of monuments in Empordà (megalithic, Gothic, Art Nouveau, …) or industrial ( wineries, cooperatives …)
- The scenery from where the genius of Salvador Dalí got his inspiration and where he left a lot of his work.
Where the Symposium will be held? :
All activities will take place in Llançà thus becoming the Kayak City as it was on 2015.
There will be designated areas for paddling and theoretical activities (being the beach of Port de Llançà the central point) as well as leisure and overnight. The stay of all participants in Llançà will be possible due to a free camping area available by courtesy of the Town Hall, from who we appreciate the support. There are also diverse accommodation alternatives which can be accessed at www.visitllanca.cat.
Waiting for your participation.
See you at the water
The 2019 Symposium Commission